Ok, so this past Saturday I visited the Museum of Crime and Punishment, which I only recently heard about. When I first started, I had a feeling that it was going to be a lot less exciting than originally contemplated, however, I as I continued and passed the Wild Wild West, I became increasingly interested. I have to say that I learned a lot about highly publicized cases that I felt I already had a good handle on like Patty Hearst, Bonnie and Clyde, Notorious BIG and Tupac. I also have to say that the most interesting exhibits were the America's Most Wanted studio, CSI crime lab, Punishment and all of the interactive games. It took me close to two hours to go through the entire museum, but it was well worth the time. I purchased the tickets online for $17.95, which is about two dollars less than at the museum itself. The price is kind of high for a museum, but the interactive parts of it make it worth the money. It is definitely family friendly, but it was crowded when we went, which was Saturday at 3pm. After the tour, Kevin and I went to the cop show where we bought a few shot glasses and furry handcuffs just for the heck of it. Those were probably the most exciting items in the store...for me anyway. Another good things about the museum is that it is near Red Velvet cupcakery and TangySweet...two places I have yet to try. Maybe soon :) Ok, so next week, the Arboretum! We shall see... Til then...live fearlessly!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Museum of Crime and Punishment
Ok, so this past Saturday I visited the Museum of Crime and Punishment, which I only recently heard about. When I first started, I had a feeling that it was going to be a lot less exciting than originally contemplated, however, I as I continued and passed the Wild Wild West, I became increasingly interested. I have to say that I learned a lot about highly publicized cases that I felt I already had a good handle on like Patty Hearst, Bonnie and Clyde, Notorious BIG and Tupac. I also have to say that the most interesting exhibits were the America's Most Wanted studio, CSI crime lab, Punishment and all of the interactive games. It took me close to two hours to go through the entire museum, but it was well worth the time. I purchased the tickets online for $17.95, which is about two dollars less than at the museum itself. The price is kind of high for a museum, but the interactive parts of it make it worth the money. It is definitely family friendly, but it was crowded when we went, which was Saturday at 3pm. After the tour, Kevin and I went to the cop show where we bought a few shot glasses and furry handcuffs just for the heck of it. Those were probably the most exciting items in the store...for me anyway. Another good things about the museum is that it is near Red Velvet cupcakery and TangySweet...two places I have yet to try. Maybe soon :) Ok, so next week, the Arboretum! We shall see... Til then...live fearlessly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment