Monday, April 19, 2010

New Me 2010, Get Right Get Tight

Ok so every year I have this goal to get in shape and every year is a no go. THIS year I have been more dedicated than ever to lead a more healthy and active lifestyle and I've actually done pretty good. To amp up my goal, I have joined a fitness center near my house and tomorrow starts my workout regimen. I already know this is going to be a long long journey but I am realistic in my expectations of myself so Im ready. I plan to attend the classes 4-5 days a week every week while also implementing a 30 to an hour workout at home. Now more than ever do I have to really be true to a schedule in order to accomplish this...sometimes I just wish there were 35 hours in the day. ANYWAY, wish me luck as I go from 0 to 60 in a matter of one day.

My boy from high school and college is getting married in September so I will use that as a motivator for me to get off my butt. I figure I could be doing some situps, jumping jacks and weight training while watching tv in the evenings and waiting for dinner to be ready...

As a daily motivator, I think I will trek to the very back of my closet and pull some clothes from high school and hang them on the front of my closet door...looking at them everyday will do me some good. I will also have to find an old pic and post it on the refrigerator as well as make it the wallpaper to my cell phone. I know that these things may seem pointless, but they will motivate me. What I REALLY want is some friendly competition since I am driven by it, but I can't find anyone to bite...at least not yet.

So, wish me luck!...along with a prayer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment